Does the Yongnuo YN-622N pass through work when the unit is turned off?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bforbes
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Does the Yongnuo YN-622N pass through work when the unit is turned off?
2 months ago

Have you had any difficulty when using this unit as a pass through? In other words, I have an off camera flash (SB-900) with trigger (Yongnuo YN-622N). On camera (D700) I have transmitter (Yongnuo YN-622N) with flash (SB-910) on top. If I turn the transmitter completely off on the camera, the camera will not recognize the on camera flash; it's like the SB910 is not even there, which is a huge problem for me. The workaround I had to do was change the channel on the transmitter to C2 when I did not want the off camera flash to engage. Normally I would use C1 A1 in this setup. I also noticed that I get inconsistent results with the off camera flash when using the Yongnuo, mainly underexposure. It happens when using TTL or manual settings. At a wedding reception I had to stop using the Yongnuo YN-622N units completely because of this. Right now I have to decide whether or not I want to keep these units. I would prefer to use the combination of on camera flash along with off camera.

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow