Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
beorijinal
Regular MemberPosts: 170Gear list
Like?
New E-M10 owner
2 months ago

After owning a Canon 60D for the last several years I noticed I was more reluctant to use it in certain situations due to its size and weight. The last two vacations I took it stayed in the bag and I used my LX-7 instead. While the LX-7 is a nice camera, I still missed the speed and versatility of my 60D.

After a bunch of reading and research I settled on the E-M10 and after less than a day in my possession, I am so happy with this little gem. It seems half the weight and size of the 60D and I feel my passion for photography coming back. I love its speed and the image quality, even with the kit lens, looks pretty sharp. I can't wait to see what it will do with the oly 17mm f/1.8 that is on its way.

The one thing I can think of that could be improved is the charger... why would they make a corded charger? It would be great to have a charger that could plug into the wall, less stuff to carry in your bag. Not a huge deal, just doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy and for anyone in the same boat as I was, you'll be happy you switched too.

Thanks to everyone on the forums who answer people's questions and give opinions about various things. You all help people like me decide which camera and gear will fit my needs.

-- hide signature --

Kelly, St. Louis Missouri

beorijinal's gear list:beorijinal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow