**** Weekly Wildlife Thread 7-26 to 7-31 ****

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DUBTEMPLE
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Swan-youngster FZ200+TCE17ED
In reply to myssvictoria, 3 months ago

Trip this morning to the local water-hole, full zoom @1020mm, handheld, in the eye you see the sun-rise over the concrete blocks, lack of DOF starts to irritate me, going from 5.6 to 8.0 will not improve DOF noticeable in situations like this, it will only introduce softness as the lens/tc-combo is driven avaw from the sweet-spot around 5.0-5.6 ,... so I ask myself what to do

Not at the IQ where I want to be yet, but relatively close to a Canon 7D + 400/5.6 ,. (on same trip)

Hitting towards close-up and "animal-portraits" ,.. but sharpness as a razor ,.. or it doesnt matter,..

Focus is inconsistant, and I struggle with minimum AF-distance at about 4 meters with TC-E17ED, generally I need to fill the hole frame in orde to get something decent, even for my 1920x1080 HD, so with the pictures this morning a focus-distance at around 2 meters is more like what is needed, that would have added SO much more detail for sure

Guess Sherm or J.C.Brown had a trick with some filter inside the tube, gotta dig up that info again

A few more same conditions:

DUBTEMPLE's gear list:DUBTEMPLE's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow