Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sol Invictus
Regular MemberPosts: 284Gear list
Like?
Need help on using MF with Sony A7
5 months ago

Guys, I'm on the road of completely abandoning the AF wagon when shooting on tripod, so I need some advice on how to use the manual focus (MF) feature. What I'm trying to do is to use MF for landscapes and I need to have everything in focus. Focus peaking might not cut it here, so I need to use the focus magnification feature and zoom-in-picture options.

I understand that I have 3 zoom sizes: 1x, 5.9x and 11.7x. I usually work on 11.7x to get more precise focusing. The thing is that when I turn the MF ring and obtain good focus to the front of the image, the back of the image isn't also in good focus. If I change the focus for the distant objects, I also alter the focus for the closest ones.

How can I adjust the focus using the MF ring and the viewfinder/LCD in order to obtain full focus throughout the image?

-- hide signature --

avid landscaper...

Sol Invictus's gear list:Sol Invictus's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS ACDSee Pro 5 HDRsoft Photomatix Pro DxO Optics Pro Elite +4 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow