Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nathantw
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131
Like?
D810 does sports, protests, and sitting in a bar in one day
5 months ago

Today I went downtown and saw an NBA event taking place and decided to take a few photos with my new D810 to try it out. A slam dunk contest took place later in the day and I was able to grab a few frames (85mm f/1.4G and 50mm f/1.4G). When the contest was over a protest took place and I decided to shoot a couple frames, though, I didn't bother to go in and mingle with the crowd (50mm f/1.4G). Later we walked to a restaurant/bar and I decided to see how the camera does in a dimly lit place (24mm f/1.4G). The camera was great. I especially liked how quiet, how responsive, and how fast it was. AF was quick and accurate and so were the exposures. They were right on the money. It's an amazing camera. To think I was going to return it because I didn't feel it was that much different than the D700.

Unfortunately there were people in front of me so it was hard getting photos without them being in the way.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathantw/
Always have a camera with you and make sure you use it.

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow