Q Looses the 3-D of the M?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Erational
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Re: what's 3-D?
In reply to forpetessake, 4 months ago

forpetessake wrote:

then 3D-ness is simply a property of the lens and the subject and has nothing to do with the camera.

While you 10X's the post, I beg to differ with the above point.  AFAIK, the lens on the Merrill and Quattro are the same Sigma make/formula as available for m4/3rds, E and X mount cameras.  The same is true of the 50mm F/2.8.  YET, there are no raves about how these lenses in interchangeable guise having produced a 3-D-like effect.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  So, if the same lens fails to elicit the 3-D-like properties unless it is on a Sigma DP camera- it must be the camera producing that effect.

I am not saying your construct on how to create a more 3-D-like picture is incorrect,.  And YES there are lenses that will produce a 3-D-like effect REGARDLESS of the camera they are mounted on- the Zeiss 21 and 25mm come strongly to mind as prime examples.

What we are talking about is a subtle effect, no-where near as strong as true 3-D images.  For those posters who maintain that there is no 3D-like effect....if you can't see the effect, there is no point in arguing whether it exist or not.  You either see the effect, or you don't, it's not a phenomena wherein one can sway another's opinion.  Go ahead and try telling people, "You didn't see what you thought you saw."

I am the OP and my original question was; 'How much of the 3D-like effect is diminished with the Q series vs. the M-series?'  One poster said about 80% of the effect, anyone else out there have a guesstimate?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow