ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flektogon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,273
Like?
Help with the Canon S90 Raw processing
4 months ago

Hello,

I have got the ACDSee Pro (v.5) and doing some Raw processing experiments. All the years before I was shooting JPGs and was more or less happy with the results. Recently however I had to modify a lot of my Canon S90 pictures, mainly to improve the DR. So I started to shoot Raw. However, there are problems. Here is what I observed:

1. ACDSee displays me "correctly" the Raw (.CR2) files in the "Manage" (default viewing) mode.

2. Now, when I go to the "Develop" or "Edit" mode, the image is right the way displayed correctly as in the Manage mode, however within a second its appearance suddenly changes to something very ugly. There is a dramatic colour shift towards yellow, the picture becomes brighter and some other changes happen very likely as well.

3. When I convert such a picture to JPEG, it remains the same way ugly. I tried to find some optimal corrections, like changing the hue of the green colour, darkening etc., but the result is still inferior to what I can see when just viewing the Raw (.CR2) file.

4. I understand that the Raw file can't be directly displayed, so the application has to make some conversion before it displays is on the monitor. Is it a TIFF or any other format? I can't find any such information. But the displayed image is perfect.

5. But when the ACDSee displays the same Raw file in the Develop or edit mode, why it spoils it in such a way? Why it can't remain the same as in the viewing mode?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter

Canon PowerShot S90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow