I was going to buy a D800 but...what about X-T1?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wii46
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
I was going to buy a D800 but...what about X-T1?
5 months ago

Hello! 

I am about to buy a new camera. The chosen one was the D800 with 28 F1.8, 50 F1.8 and 85 F1.8.

But now I have fall in love with the Fuji X System, specially with the X-T1 and top prime lenses like 23 1.4 and 56 1.2. I have been reading lots of reviews and now the X-T1 with 14 F2.8 (or maybe 10-24 F4), 23 F1.4 and 56 F1.2 is challenging the D800 as my new camera choice.

I do mostly landscape, travel and nature photography. There are sometimes that I also do sports, but there are just 5 o 6 times per year and I could keep my D300s for that.

I also like the roadmap for the new Fuji lenses. I only miss a 1:1 macro lens and longer than 60mm. But I think that it will come with time.

I have checked some online stores and the price is quite similar for both sets (camera and 3 primes).

My biggest concerns about switching to Fuji X are EVF (specially when shooting in very bright or very dark light), AF and image quality. I am also a bit worried about lens build and aperture ring. What about that?

Anybody has changed from a FF to the X system? How AF speed and image quality are compared to a FF camera?

What do you think?

wii46's gear list:wii46's gear list
Nikon D90
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D300S Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow