Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jhorse
Senior MemberPosts: 2,237Gear list
Like?
OMD E-M10 User Views
4 months ago

Hi, I am considering the OMD E-M10 mainly for its light weight for hiking, so mostly alpine landscapes. I would value user views and feedback on:

• Image quality vs an APC-S, such as Nikon D5300 or Fuji X-E2. In real use is there much difference in IQ, DR, etc. Web viewing and printing to A4.
  • Is there any IQ difference between the 14-42 EZ (pancake power zoom) and the 14-42 II R? I’m inclined towards the non power one as it will have less battery drain, but if the power one has better IQ then I’d go for it. The DPR review images are fairly good using the EZ lens.
  • The images on Olympus website of the power zoom do not show if it can take a lens hood or a screw in filter. Is there a thread? Can one get a hood?
  • Any views on the IQ of the 40-140R and the 9-18R?

Any overall user views and if possible real world images (or links) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow