Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cyuill2007
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
The Lesson I Learned Today Was ...
3 months ago

... MAKE SURE THAT THE BATTERY TO MY CAMERA IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE GOING OUT TO TAKE PHOTOS.

Lately, songbirds near my home have been plentiful and fairly accessible with regards to being photographed. I was using my V1 with FT-1 and AF-S Nikkor 70-300 (FX) lens. Here are a couple of ones I took early on during a bird photo walk I did this morning.

Song Sparrow

Another Song Sparrow

Unfortunately I failed to notice that the camera's battery had a low charge. At some point during my walk I arrived at a cluster of trees and bushes that had a considerable amount of songbird activity. I was about to take a picture of one of the birds when I saw a message on my camera that informed me that it needed a charged battery. I couldn't take any more photos - opportunities were lost. Frustration set in.

Lesson learned (I hope).

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +4 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow