Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AM4L
Senior MemberPosts: 1,397Gear list
Like?
D810 DR, Color - its good!
4 months ago

Had some fun the last two days doing sone D810 shooting and got around to my sensor torture test this morning, no very scientific but gives me a flavor for what a camera can do best case. I have a few more to share that follow as well.

Recovered from ISO 64, F22 -3EV

I actually took a similar DF shot and can see that the D810 clearly has more DR to work with. The cleanliness of the shadow lifted file which was pretty much dark minus the sun is impressive. Very little noise, very excellent recovery. Both the DF and D810 tend towards a magenta cast when doing an unreal recovery like this. So one could shoot these without an ND Filter and sort of make things work in a pinch.

These next ones really show off D810 color for me, they will probably look a little subdued perhaps to you, but know what I saw and what I got and how they processed was impressive to me. These are three of the same location I was playing with, the first being the shot I was really after in my early morning visit.

Tamron 70-200 IF VC

Tamron 70-200 IF VC

Tamron 70-200 IF VC

These next are drive around shots in the west bottoms, just for fun!

Tamron 24-70 IF VC

Tamron 24-70 IF VC

Tamron 24-70 IF VC

Overall very pleased with the two Tamrons on the D810, they make a very nice and competent dup to cover the 24-200 spectrum.

-- hide signature --

Find Your Mind Online!
Gallery BLOLG - www.roaringstar.com
Book - www.AM4L.com
Mark

AM4L's gear list:AM4L's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +12 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow