Some people jumping right to raw don't know how to make a JPEG to taste in camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,768Gear list
Like?
Some people jumping right to raw don't know how to make a JPEG to taste in camera
5 months ago

I made this short video for my local photography club, who were discussing SOOC images and it occured to me that many people dont know how to set up their cameras for processing their JPEGs to taste.

I was in that boat for a while.  When I got serious I went right to .raw and lightroom and that is still how I process many photos.  But I like to shoot all kinds of stuff and it doesnt all require a .RAW file processed on a computer.

Many times I like what my camera can do, especially with my Ricoh GR because I can do fairly serious editing with it.

Let me know what you think.  I am not spouting gospel, just having a discussion so please keep comments civil and non combative.

http://youtu.be/6cYkeF3KmjY?list=UUoISMra9bP4pqL4iM6rDaCA

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
HmphNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow