Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MMitchellorg
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
Lytro Illum (Small Sensor?)
2 months ago

The Lytro Illum is a hit or miss with most people. Where I am in my current career or lack there of, I've been into the advanced point and shoots. This falls under my definition of cool. I was quick to write it off and upon more research I found the lens to be really nice.

BUT

There is little to no information about this camera which makes me really interested in the reviews when this comes out. 500px is offering a sharing service for the pictures and a discount which makes me wonder if the camera is going to be really bad and they are trying to sell as many as they can through pre-orders.

My issues with this camera is the sensor size. For what you are paying it seems to be extremely small. I bring this up because I feel that no one has really discussed it.

The technology is interesting and if it was marketed differently the camera would do better.

-- hide signature --

MattMitchellimagery.com

MMitchellorg's gear list:MMitchellorg's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow