Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 797Gear list
Like?
Tokina 16-28 f/2.8?
5 months ago

I don't see much written or reviewed on this lens, and yes, I searched the forum. There are a few comments that I found on this lens buried in other threads about UWA lenses, but surprisingly not as much as I expected.

I would love the Nikon 14-24, and have been Jonesing for this lens for several years, but it always seems to be out of my reach financially.

Any comments on this lens, or point me to some threads that my search missed, I would really appreciate it.

Use would primarily be for wide landscape images on my D800. I already own the other two "trinity" lenses (24-70 and 70-200). I don't really need the f/2.8, but some of the other slower UWA lenses I have tried (Nikon 16-35 f/4) don't appeal to me.

I am hoping to keep this lens for a couple of years max until I can eventually upgrade to the Nikon 14-24. I did the same thing with my 70-200, I had the Tamron version for a couple of years, and finally got the "real" Nikon 70-200 about 3 years ago.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow