those with the new D810 - get your Lens Firmware Updates done.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
exRhodesian
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?
those with the new D810 - get your Lens Firmware Updates done.
3 months ago

HI,

After having the D800 for almost 2 years I only got the focusing properly working 2 weeks ago when I took the D800 + 80-400mmG + 600mmVRII to Nikon SA in Pretoria for AF-Tuning.

The tech guys at Nikon said that they not only did the AF-Tuning but also ran a Lens Firmware Update on the lenses . I said that I never knew of firmware updates for lenses - only for cameras. I immediately noticed a difference with the images now sharp and was glad I got it done not knowing about possibly getting the D810.

Today I decided to get the D810 and traded-in the D800 ( surprisingly, the D810 also came with a R5000.00 gift voucher from Nikon SA ). I mentioned to the dealer about the firmware updates recently done on the lenses asking if he was aware of such updates and he said that he was but stated that, unlike camera updates, the lens updates can only get done at the Nikon Centres. He said that Lens Firmware Updates was started by Sigma.

Now having the new D810 I'm definately going back to Nikon next week plus I'll also take the 24-70mm / 85mm f1.4 / 80-200mm f2.8 ED for AF-Tuning and Firmware Updates ( if possible ).

Whether the updates apply to all lenses or only to particular lenses I wouldn't know. I'll check with the tech guys.

For those of you with new Cameras I would recommend checking for Firmware Updates for your lenses .

Thanks,

Adrian

Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Ricoh Caplio R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow