Man looking at a painting. What do you think of this image?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Man looking at a painting. What do you think of this image?
5 months ago

I submitted an image to my camera club and during our year end awards meeting, while it didn't win an award, one of the pro photographers picked it as a personal favorite.  One of the complaints that they had for most of our work was that the subject was right in the middle of the image.  So, I took that image and reworked it.

This is the original image.  I saw the man looking, raised my camera to my eye, shot and the subject moved away.  I only had a second or so to shoot this and my camera was on a wrist strap and pre set for just this kind of a photo.

Now here I have cropped the image to get the mans head from being in dead center of the image.  I also didn't like the catalog sticking out of his belt, but you take what is given to you.

It works well as a black & white as well.  This gives you more of a feel between the man and the artwork as the red shirt is now out of the picture and I am working with just shades of white to black.  I have run this through Nik Software to darken the wall to the left of the painting, and then to convert to a b&w image.

So, what do you think?  Do you like it better as originally shot, color and cropped or as the black and white?  I am finding that my fellow photographers here have been a help to my making my work better.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow