Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ZodiacPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 586
Like?
What should I leave at home?
5 months ago

My wife and I are taking Alaska cruise soon.

I've been to Alaska a couple of years before, with my heavy Canon gear (now gone).

I will be bringing E-M1, and, as much as I want to bring the entire lens collection with me, I would like to travel (relatively) light - that was the main purpose of switching back to m4/3 (thank you, arthritis).

I will take 12-40mm f/2.8, of course, but there are 2 dilemmas regarding other lenses:

For wide angle, I can take Rokinon 7.5mm fish-eye, or Panny 7-14mm - what would you choose?

For telephoto, I have a choice of Panny 35-100 f/2.8, or Oly 75-300 II. If I take the 75-300, will I miss 40-75mm range (between 12-40 and 75-300), and f/2.8 speed of the Panasonic?

I did not want to lug a tripod last time, and still ended up with plenty of great photos. This time I am planning on bringing a very light monopod (Gitzo Traveler monopod is only 11.7oz./330g) - will it be beneficial?

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow