Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wayne Brissette
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
Full Frame Lens on A700
4 months ago

I recently purchased a A7 to go along with my A700 (which I won't give up, I like it that much!). With the LA-EA4, I can use my older A mount lenses that I feel are important to me (like my 70-200 f2.8). Anyhow, my thought is currently there is a lack of E mount Full Frame lenses on the market. However, there are some for the A mounts. If I understand things correctly, if I buy a 12-24mm full frame A mount lens, I would, with the adapter, be able to use the A700 with the full frame lens, however, due to the APC sensor, it would effectively be a 28-36 lens (using the 1.5 multiplier).

Are there any down sides to doing this? Is anybody here shooting on Full Frame lenses with their cameras? if so, any pluses or negatives?

Wayne Brissette's gear list:Wayne Brissette's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha 7 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow