Yongnuo YN560 MkIII, triggered by pop-up (Pentax)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LensBeginner
Regular MemberPosts: 333Gear list
Like?
Yongnuo YN560 MkIII, triggered by pop-up (Pentax)
3 months ago

Hi,

always in doubt if I should post it in the Pentax SLR forum or in this one, anyway...

I've tried to trigger an off-camera YN560 in S1 mode with the pop-up flash of my K100D Super, in M mode.

Everything works as it whould, but the pop-up flash obviously contributes to the exposure (fugly straight light).

Flash exposure compensation is already @ -2.0 (even though I believe it doesnt' affect flash output in M mode..?)

What can I do in order to reduce the blink of the pop-up flash to the bare minimum in order to work as a trigger only (short of cardboard funnels/contraptions)?

I don't have P-TTL with this combo, so I think those two can't talk with pre-flashes...

Is distance of the two flashes from the subject the only way I can achieve some sort of control (i.e. camera far from subject, tele lens, slave near the subject)?

Thanks in advance

LensBeginner's gear list:LensBeginner's gear list
Pentax K100D Super Pentax K-01 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +1 more
ANSWER:
Kodak Pixpro S-1 Pentax K100D Super
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow