ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dannybgoode
Contributing MemberPosts: 829Gear list
Like?
A bittersweet return to Canon
2 months ago

Hi all

My father sadly died very unexpectedly in February. He had always been a keen photographer but as he lived abroad whilst we kept in touch via email etc I didn't get to do much shooting with him ever.

He was though a Canon shooter for most of his life and had recently bought a 5D Mk III. What i didn't know until Thursday was that he had also bought a 70-200mm IS II L and 300mm f4 L together with his 100mm macro and Tamron 24-70mm. He had basically treated himself to his dream set up in his retirement and used it every day for the few months he had change to.

His wife (he remarried many years ago) had very kindly given me the set up so I have come back to Canon after a 3 year break via circumstances I would rather not have but I am determined to use the 5D as much as my father and to enjoy it as much as he did did and remember him when out shooting.

I haven't really had chance to use it yet but from the little play I have had with it I am mighty impressed and look forward to sharing some photos with you all in the near future.

-- hide signature --
 dannybgoode's gear list:dannybgoode's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow