Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigMaxx
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?
RX100M3 bulk delete pictures
2 months ago

Apologies if this was answered in another thread. I couldn't find it.

Is there a way to mark files for deletion without going through them one at a time? Other than Delete All on This Date?

I can connect via PlayMemories, and see the pictures, either with a USB cable, or a card reader. Then I can mark them in the usual windows way, eg, click a picture, then SHIFT-click one further down, and it marks all in between. This would be great, except I see no way to delete files via the PlayMemories program!!

If I open them in a plain Windows folder, and use Windows' delete, then I see a bunch of gray squares with question marks when I put the card back in the camera--the camera database is expecting files that aren't there anymore, and then I have to delete the squares one by one.

Incidentally, I did find a great feature of PlayMemories if you're not aware of it. You can put the card in, have PlayMemories recognize it. Then click the Export button with the card icon, and you can export any pictures on the PC, even if from another camera, the internet, etc. The program will adjust as needed, and update the database, so the pictures now appear on the camera. Nice.

RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow