Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
bford
Senior MemberPosts: 1,489
Like?
Re: I think you had to be 13
In reply to Toccata47, 5 months ago

Toccata47 wrote:

bford wrote:

it wasn't even really worth developing your own film since it was so cheap just to get the film developed. Then you could do your own printing. The printing was the fun part.

I worked in a photo lab in college and can count on one hand the number of times someone asked for such.

I know many people who did that, especially for color negatives. It was economical to do so. I used to get film developed for a buck a roll. Well worth the time and hassle it saved.

It makes a lot more sense to pay for development in the digital age because scanners don't require dark rooms and associative chemicals. If you have those things already, you might as well save yourself a couple of trips and do it yourself in less time.

the point of getting my film developed at a lab was to simply save time and hassle. I paid little for the film to get developed and then I was ready to print. Printing was fun for me, not developing film.

PS-the lab techs use to keep a box of "personal" photos they would cull as they processed negatives by hand...for qc purposes, of course. Totally gross.

well, a person would be a fool to take such personal photos and have then developed at a lab

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow