170 head and shoulder shots with no pay

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ZX11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,007Gear list
Like?
Re: 170 head and shoulder shots with no pay
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, 5 months ago

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Grudge against schools? Maybe. I am sure they have a grudge against me and anyone who doesn't fork over all their money to such a worth while cause. I have seen their spending habits and shake in fear

Yes, I volunteer for a whole day. Mostly to build homes or paint old people's houses. It is a volunteer organization. One that does not tax its fellow citizens and then ask for donated time.

This is a photography site. There is even a pro forum here. Hearing that a government organization has devalued photographer's time to zero, kinda sets me on edge. Just someone else who thinks photographers are nothing but button clickers and shouldn't be paid for their work. They need to stand behind everyone else who wants a photographer for free. Expecting them to work all day for the experience or exposure.

Now I am off to try to find a volunteer to put in a retaining wall for free. Anyone that doesn't want to or thinks "it's too much work", sounds pretty cold to me. I could do it myself or pay someone. But then I wouldn't have learned from my education system (try to get a volunteer (sucker) first).

Really it doesn't matter. Schools will do what they do regardless. I am just avoiding moving several wheel barrels worth of dirt for that wall, by commenting on school management, and photographer's value.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."

Sounds very like someone who got docked for grammar, punctuation and spelling and still hasn't gotten over it.

Personal attack because you have no knowledge of the schools, yearbooks, or photography?  No subject points to add?  Or, are you just a bully?

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow