Veteran MemberPosts: 7,522Gear list
Like?
Re: I wouldn't complain
In reply to ScottD1964, 2 months ago

ScottD1964 wrote:

wyldberi wrote:

rjx wrote:

helmus wrote:

1.2/85mm ... and then complain that the lens is too big and too heavy ...
I think the 2/90mm will be a very good compromise, in f-stop, weight and size.

I wouldn't complain. I'd been playing with the idea of getting either a Nikon 85mm f/1.4D or Canon FD 85mm f/1.2. And I'd need to add the weight and length of an adapter.

People seem to be happy with the 56mm f/1.2 even though it's not that much smaller than the Canon 50mm f/1.2.

We might not always get a big weight / size savings with certain Fuji lenses. But we'll still have weight / size savings with the Fuji X camera compared to Nikon and Canon cameras. Plus the price savings of glass compared to Canon's / Nikon's counterparts.

The Fuji 56mm is $999. An f/2 90mm would cost $1,499-1,699. I don't know what the brands you listed cost, but that would put the Fuji beyond my reach.

Funny, but it remember the exact same conversation about the 56 f1.2 claiming it would also cost close to $1500 and how no one would buy it. Well, a year later, with a price of $999 I'm not all too concerned that a 90 f2 will cost $1500-$1700. Does anyone actually think this lens will cost $500 more than say the Canon EF 135 f2 which costs a little over $1000. I actually picture this lens in the same price range as the 14mm or 56mm.

Agreed.  This lens shouldn't be over a thousand.

Daniel Lauring's gear list:Daniel Lauring's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow