Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,171Gear list
Like?
Re: Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?
In reply to PenPix, 5 months ago

PenPix wrote:

I worked most of my career processing film and printing pictures in commercial bulk, custom B&W, and 1-hour labs. Now i'm neck deep into digital printing. Contrary to your argument(?), I have seen photography improve with the introduction of digital cameras.

Because people are able to see their images right away, they are also able to retake and correct the mistakes they made. The result…. I see fewer garbage pictures than I did with film and I see more quality images than I did I did with film. instant feedback is an powerful learning tool.

Open your eyes and LOOK at the amazing pictures that are taken with digital cameras today. It's the artist who makes the painting, not the brush.

(Just for the record I do not miss the film and chemistry days. After 15 years of that, digital is a breath of fresh air… literally. Some of those chemicals are dirty, noxious, and toxic.)

Absolutely. These young whipper snappers (lol) don't know how easy they've got it. It was a PITA and required patience and a real dedication to the hobby or profession. It's a very simple process now. I would estimate most on these forums would not have gone to that extent. Clearly there were labs for professionals and amateurs, especially for color and few did their own color work. What is lacking now is a creativeness to the process. I see so many that are so involved in pixel analysis instead of the creative nature of photography. I view photographers now as nerds. I viewed photographers before digital as artists.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow