Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ylco
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
5D Mark III only good as a trophy siting on tablet
2 months ago

Hope you guy`s success with that 5D3 and rain.

I posted about this before, after 2 months I took rain with the 5D3, It worked fine till get into metro, I passed cloth on top and under. After I fliped the cam for better cleaning.

The camera gave me a mechanic error problem.

I got sugest by the seler to request a new cam from Canon.

I explained my problem. They said no exchange, we want to see the camera and will repair it. I dried it by myself an send it 1 month later, since I had a family wedding to cover.

Ounce they got the cam they requested 3500$ + Tx for a new cam. and voided my warranty.

I replied that my cam was working and send it back to me.

They kept my cam for a month, took 3750 pics or videos with it (CHANCE I AM THE OWNER).

I sended registered letter to get a new cam but they didn`t reply.

Haven't been farther since my country law is to corrupt.

This june 24 th, like 14 month after purchase, it was raining nails. Since my bad experience with that, I bough a rain cover with sleeves.

Took picture from the event I was to. When coming back home I fliped the cam for a better support and safe way to walk in crowd. A bit later, it started to zoom and unzoom on the 70-200 f/2.8 IS II.

At home I took the rain cover off but the cam was capout!

When it`s not water it`s condensation. Did you guy`s think about that.

This cam is not what it`s suppose to be, it`s to be use inside studio or be carefull, you`re wallet will open and cost alot (IF YOU ARE MORE LUCKY THEN ME) .

I sended to the japanese who fixed my XSi for same problem.

One month already pass, no cost evaluation yet. I phoned and he said he is missing a part, he can t get it anywhere and may need to send to CANON. he said the guy is trying to find kind of the piece number for a main piece costing 100$, lots of weird thing. I told him canon will not repair my cam since story I mentioned already.

That guy is japanese, I don t understand why he doesn`t talk with Canon in Japan where they build them. He is much in better situation then me to get understood.

Sounds my 10 years of shooting is end. I will not buy any more of those products not suitable for our climat.

Canon UK putted in spec. Water seal and so. In north america are we stupid fish.

Realy I can`t deal with this 5D3 since I am taking care of my gear religiously.

I am waiting one more week if he get no success, I will go get my cam and may use it as a 4000$ trophy, what it`s good for.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow