170 head and shoulder shots with no pay

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,020Gear list
Like?
Re: 170 head and shoulder shots with no pay
In reply to Richard Weisgrau, 2 months ago

Richard Weisgrau wrote:

What have you done this week to make some peoples' futures better?

My wife and I contribute yearly 12 charities, to a tune of somewhat more than $100 Perhaps you do also.

We also volunteer at the church and participate in missionary work on occasion. My wife volunteers at her old place of employment.

I suspect that most everyone on this site works just as hard at their job as teachers do. Many also support other organizations. Your statement strikes me as an implication they do otherwise. I not only find it condescending and insulting, I can't imagine how you could possibly have any information on which to base it. Perhaps I misunderstood your tone.

Yes, I appreciate teachers.  Also policemen and janitors.  Also food service workers and the guys who just put the new roof on my house.  All are necessary, and I certainly don't see one form of employement as being more or less deserving of appreciation than the next.  Well, maybe politicians………..  

Everybody seems to have their hand out these days. Many are deserving of assistance. Since you can't give to everybody you must prioritize. High school yearbooks, important though they may be to somebody, are simply not very high on my list of needy organizations.

By the way, I like your web site. Some nice work there.

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow