ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bunter
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
RX100 video newb needs advice please
5 months ago

Hi folks

I have never really used video much but at a Little Dragon gig the other night I used it for a couple of songs and am very pleased with the results from my RX100 MkIII. However I have a question about which settings to use to get the most compatible/quality compromise and what workflow to use.

End use will be on my Smart TV (Samsung) which is connected to a NAS, but I also would like compatibility with iMovie (Mac user) for editing and as a secondary consideration iPod. IIRC my RX100 MkI I could import the AVCHD files directly from the camera but it seems not to be able to read the AVCHD files from the MKIII. So I ended up Handbraking the files to get them in a format iMovie could use. Also the TV would not play the raw AVCHD file. I wasn't sure of the settings to use in handbrake so I went with the settings  I use for ripping DVDs. The resulting file was OK for iMovie but wouldn't play on the TV. Presumably every time I go through some PP there is a drop in quality?

I guess I don't need advice specifically about the RX100 MkIII, unless there is some setting to avoid for compatibility, it's more about needing a 101 on video formats and how to sort a workflow out. Can anyone suggest a resource in this respect please?

MTIA

Regards

Bill

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow