Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
Mrik
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?
Re: Iceland trip, a photographer paradise
In reply to hans_ch, 5 months ago

hans_ch wrote:

Hi Mrik,

amazing pictures! Can't beleive that you're considering yourself as a beginner. If so, you're born with an artist's eye and you will be a famous photographer very soon ..

Sorry that I cannot teach you anything ..

Cheers,

Hans

-- hide signature --

www.hrfisch.zenfolio.com

Thank you, as much as I wished it were true, I feel I don't deserve half of it. Let me also say that Iceland is so amazing that you can not come back from it without decent pictures.

If you are refering to my profile here saying I'm a beginnner, I never edited it, so it was 5 years ago when I had just bought my K-7.

But even though years have passed, I still feel like a beginner.

I know my way around my gear, and photoshop, lightroom an other tools of the kind, and can discuss a fair deal about the technical aspect of photography but it is only because I'm a geek.

As for photography as an Art, I always find that I'm lacking a good eye, and focusing too much on technic and photography "rules", as a matter of fact I'm just starting to feel happy with some of my pictures (thank you k-5II for making things easier).

For exemple when traveling with my better half (she's using a compact sony hx50 these days), I find myself looking at her picture and asking why I did not see this angle of view, or that detail...

And why oh why I spent 10 minutes making sure I get a good set of exposure bracketed shots with enough dof and smooth water after setting up the tripod and nd filter, remote in hand; when a much better Point of view was meters away !!!

So frustrating you know.

Maybe I'm not the only one feeling that way about my pictures, I don't know, but anyway I know I still have tons of stuff to learn

Thanks again for the comment

ps: as for my better half when she does that to me, I transform in a troll and tell her that having a 24 to 720 mm equivalent in a compact is just plain cheating !! (even if I'd love to have THAT kind of range on a dslr).

Mrik's gear list:Mrik's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow