Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RX100ii
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Processing RX100ii Raw Files
2 months ago

I am sorry if this has been raised before, but as a recent convert to the RX100ii, I have the issue to solve of processing its RAW files and converting them to JPEGs.

I run Photoshop Elements 10 and I knew beforehand that it would not recognise these RAW files. I have downloaded the Adobe software which will convert them to its own .DNG format which PSE10 will accept. Now, no-one expects RAW files to be small, but the converted .DNG files producedf by the Adobe conversion program are huge, getting on for three times the size of those coming directly from the camera. Is this normal?

I would be very grateful for some advice please.

- Am I doing anything wrong that causes the converted .DNGs to be so big?

- Although I am not keen to invest in another PSE update, (I am not sure that it would run on my ancient laptop anyway!) is there a version of PSE which would accept RX100ii RAWs (PSE11 or 12)?

3 Is there another way for me to process the camera's RAW files in bulk? (I have looked at and rejected Sony's RAW converter on account of speed.)

Thanks

John

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow