Thinking of selling D90 and buy SL1? good move?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 203Gear list
Like?
Thinking of selling D90 and buy SL1? good move?
3 months ago

Hello folks;

I've been Nikon for over 25 years and my health is going south, and big heavy cameras and lenses are not much fun any longer. I just got home from a antique farm and tractor show, and carried my D90 and Sigma 17 70 C, lens and I'm "bushed" I also had along my right angle finder and my 10.5 fisheye. Now I know thats not a heavy "kit" but its the lightest one I have.

Since the SL1 came on the market I've been fascinated with its diminutive size and weight. I looked up the SL1 and 18 55 STM "kit" at B&H and very reasonable price. Do you think it can replace all the capability's of my D90? it has been a great camera, but I'd like a very lightweight set up and still be in a SLR.

I have been fooling myself with a D810 too much money and almost as much weight as my D700,which I'd keep, I'd most likely sell my D90 and D200 and a couple lenses to reduce the inventory, and look at a small Canon day to day kit. Long range,I've looked at the 55 250 STM, and 40 pancake, lots to think about.

If you use the SL1 what did you replace  to go to the SL1? Still Nikon but looking for a challenge of a newer kit. Not a fan of Nikons entry cameras.

I just like the SL1 and I did hold one at Best Buy some time back and you'd never know you were holding a SLR.

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 +12 more
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow