Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
emailsucks98
Regular MemberPosts: 202
Like?
Shooting RAW with creative style/DRO/WB settings
2 months ago

Once I started shooting RAW on my nex-6, I began to pretty much ignore the creative style and DRO settings, figuring all that would be irrelevant in the RAW files and better managed in PP. The WB settings obviously mattered in camera, so I kept working with that.

I've always meant to look into this, and recently confirmed that DRO and creative style setttings do indeed affect the RAW files- maybe this was obvious to everybody else all along!

I'm wondering, what are peoples thoughts about "pre-processing" using these settings? Better to leave them stock&standard, or to optimize these settings to get the picture closer to what you want the end product to look like?

I'm especially curious about the ability to increase contrast & tweak colors, as you can do through the WB and creative style "options". I have always had my contrast set to +1, saturation to +2, and my colors tweaked slightly warmer hues through the WB. Maybe I am actually hurting my image quality by making these adjustments in camera, then again in PP?

I'm especially curious as to if these might affect higher ISOs. I really don't find anything above 400iso to look very good from my camera.

Looking forward to your thoughts?!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow