Diglloyd and Ming Thien conclusion on DP2 Quattro..

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mypic
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Diglloyd and Ming Thien conclusion on DP2 Quattro..
2 months ago

He was chatting with Ming Thien,

diglloyd: That DP2 Quattro... disappointed. Smearing. Ends the Merrill line. Maybe it’s software though (faint hope).

Ming Thein: I was told from an inside source that new SW and DPP are coming in the next week that should fix it.

diglloyd: I have not been successful in processing even one image on my Mac Pro with SPP 6. Every edit window pops up off screen.

Ming Thein: Played with one last couple of days - my printmaster here works with Sigma for various things - I was surprised by how slow it was and how noisy it was, too. Not much improvement over the Merrills that I can see, other than blue color accuracy.

diglloyd: I have some nice martian rocks for you.

Ming Thein: Now I've lost you.

diglloyd: SPP 6 leaves developer hooks in... sleep system... hang with password dialog to debug... shoddy work. Last comment on skepticism of “all will be fixed”. Two years of sending bug reports leaves me very cynical here.

what does he mean by smearing?

mypic's gear list:mypic's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Alpha 7
Sigma DP2 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow