Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,776Gear list
Like?
Re: new cactus wirless flash looks interesting
In reply to audiobomber, 3 months ago

audiobomber wrote:

Peter Budd wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3125646747/cactus-launches-55-radio-trigger-for-multiple-ttl-flash-systems?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&ref=mainmenu

This is very interesting. I have never seen a 3rd party unit that supports Pentax before other than a dumb flash trigger.

I have Pentax, Nikon, Sigma flashes so may buy one.

I'm shocked at the silence in this forum about the new Cactus system. It seems to provide the multi-flash level control that people wanted, at a great price. Maybe the people who wanted CLS flash capability already left for Nikon?

-- hide signature --

Dan

I've been using 3 of the v6's for a couple of months now.

There isn't much to say about them there remote controlling Manual flash triggers.

in summary you can control the manual output from the camera by utilizing TTL flashes on the rx triggers

They aren’t really Pentax supporting but brand agnostic as they trigger from centre pin.

Where they really come into their own is your can use p-TTL pass through on the tx unit allowing mix and match P-ttl and manual add to that auto flashes fire off the PC-sync output of the Rx unit and you have an extremely flexible system.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow