Barcelona/Pyrenees/Paris (NEX-5R + Kit & SEL35F18)

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
squirrelyfox
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Barcelona/Pyrenees/Paris (NEX-5R + Kit & SEL35F18)
5 months ago

Hi all, well finally after 1.5 years on this forum I'm finally sharing some photos. Seems the old camera bodies like my NEX-5R aren't getting as much attention these days so I figured I would post some of the shots I took from a vacation a month ago to Barcelona, the Spanish Pyrenees and Paris.

Most of the shots here are actually just done with the good 'ol kit lens whose focal length versatility I've really come around on. I took a number of more street photography style pics with the SEL35F18 which I might post to another thread later on.

Shots were all taken RAW and then edited in Lightroom 4. C&C are welcome and thanks to everyone who continues to contribute about the older bodies and lenses

(Question for the Lightroom experts: I've always been bothered by how viewing RAW photos at 100% makes even the low-ISO pictures seem extremely grainy vs. SOOC JPGs. Can anyone share Lightroom settings for sharpening/noise-reduction that emulate what a SOOC JPG might look like?)

-Jon

squirrelyfox's gear list:squirrelyfox's gear list
NEX5R Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow