XF 90mm f/2 R is on the roadmap

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,799Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm excited. But I'd be more excited if it was faster
In reply to rjx, 5 months ago

rjx wrote:

Hopefully Fuji releases the final version as a faster lens around F1.4.

Fuji released the 56mm as faster lens than they originally said it would be. I hope they do the same with the 90mm.

As nice as that would be, 90mm f/2 is already the same size aperture as a 56mm f/1.2 (both about 45mm aperture opening, apparent).  My point here is 85mm f/2 is still going to be larger than the 56mm f/1.2.

I have an 85mm f/1.4 for my Samsung NX, and I do love the lens, but often wish it was at f/2 instead for size and weight savings. The 85mm f/1.4 is the same size as my Samsung OIS 16-50mm f/2-2.8 S.

Yes, it is nice to have f/1.4 lenses at times, and given Fuji is coming out with a 50-140mm f/2.8 or whatever the focal length that is, it might have made sense to go a bit larger aperture with the 90mm, but you will pay a "heavy" price for f/1.4, and most instances would probably be shooting f/2 or smaller anyway.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow