Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Mercado
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
My favorite thing about the D810
5 months ago

High megapixels, low noise, dynamic range are great and I appreciate them as much as the next person. But, the one aspect of a camera that I most appreciate is it's ability properly acquire focus. Nothing is more frustrating to me than capturing a great moment, only to find that the subject is out of focus, even slightly.

I alway shoot raw and so can usually acceptably deal with exposure, composition, and color after the fact, if I'm not happy with the out of camera shot. A noisy shot can be a great b&w. But when focus is off, it's to the garbage bin.

Well, for all it's impressive specs, the one aspect of the D810 that I'm most excited about is how well it focuses.  My D700 has always been a reliable camera and after adjusting the focus on most of my lenses, I've never felt the auto focus was lacking (unlike my D2x). And yet, the D810, seems significantly better. It is spot on with all my lenses, even with my 28mm and 85mm 1.4D.  Also, the Auto ISO implementation also rocks!

-- hide signature --

Equipment listed in profile

William Mercado's gear list:William Mercado's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Fujifilm FinePix Z30 Nikon 1 S2 Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow