Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Smith
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,836Gear list
Like?
Re: Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?
In reply to Joe Pineapples, 5 months ago

Joe Pineapples wrote:

MisterBG wrote:

[snip]

Professional photographers used to take hundreds of shots in the hope that a handful met their brief.

[snip]

That is quite wrong in general.

I used to work with a guy who started a cadetship with the photography bureau of a newspaper, and he would be sent out with a 5x4 press camera and a single film holder to cover some event with the reassuring words "Don't forget you've got a second sheet of film in the other side if you stuff-up the first shot."

The mainstays of quality wedding photography were the Hasselblad and the Mamiya RB67. Try taking "hundreds of shots" for some of the key scenes in a wedding with those fellas!

J.

+++

This was my experience too, I used a Hasselblad and Rolleiflex for nearly all weddings. Often you would be given a limited amount of rolls, most weddings were 3-5 rolls so you'd be given a spare roll in a box with a customer release sheet that they'd sign for extras.

Portraits and commercial were similar, depending on the package.

I can remember taking 4x5 shots of a large country house for an estate agent, the house was valued in the millions, I did it in 3 darkslides (6 shots)

I never shot hundreds just to get 1-2 Ok if I did that I'd have been unemployed quite soon...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow