Back again. Waiting for real life shots (FZ1000 & FZ200). Worth the change?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
privateman
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?
Back again. Waiting for real life shots (FZ1000 & FZ200). Worth the change?
5 months ago

Hello everyone,

I've been absent from this forum for some time, doing less photography with LX7 and FZ200. Now the FZ1000 caught my attention, and right now I think there will be pros and cons for switching from an FZ200 to the new one. So I'm looking forward for some real life comparisons between those 2 cameras.

As I see there will be no chance for teleconverters to be connected directly to the FZ1000 body, no more adapter tubes. But it might be interesting to see first how both cameras compare at the long end without converters.

Wide angle converters? We'll see how they will perform on an FZ1000, vignetting will be more apparent due to the 62mm front.

Macro photography should work as well with the FZ1000, with less lenses available in 62mm than in 52mm as a downside. I was impressed to see Don's results yesterday with stacked Canon lenses on FZ150, haven't tried that myself so far, not to speak of reversed lenses! But the idea is cool - and with 2 lenses you can cover a huge distance range, even coming down to where the tiny Raynox are often used.

So, there will be a hot Lumix August coming ...

privateman's gear list:privateman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow