Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmac77
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Can't reset my A77...
5 months ago

I was trying a bit of video with my A77 and I'm not impressed by the amount of noise from the internal microphone.  I did some reading and saw some suggestions that if you plug in an external microphone or just a connector cable into the external microphone socket and do a hard reset then this can fix the problem.

I figured it's worth a shot.  I know the camera well enough to restore the various settings I use, so seems like a no-risk option.  The only problem is I can't get the camera to reset.

The firmware is v1.07, and I've tried the Menu + Movie + Playback key press with various power off, power on, hold for 5 seconds, etc., combinations.  Nothing seems to work.  Is there a special trick with timing here?  Or are there different buttons I can try?  I saw one combination that uses AEL but that seems to be only for older firmware.

cmac77's gear list:cmac77's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow