Nikon D3100 - Off Camera flash with wireless triggers or other add-on's?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aeropars
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon D3100 - Off Camera flash with wireless triggers or other add-on's?
2 months ago

Hi All,

I've had my D3100 for around 2 years now and love it. I'm only an amateur but am starting to really get into it and I would love to have a go at flash photography. With an impending birthday, I am looking at things I can ask for as presents.... this is where you guys come in

I want to be able to take normal candid photos of the family (using flash in low light) while having the flexibility to have a go at some more creative shots like you see with off camera flash.

I understand the D3100 does not come with a commander mode and I certainly do not want to have to fire the on board flash to trigger an off camera flash, should that be my chosen shot.

What I'd like to do is buy a cheap add-on which will allow a wireless trigger of an off camera flash, ideally with iTTL. Does anyone have any recommendations for this? I've heard some good tings about Yongnuo accessories however I'm not really sure which items I'd need to go for.

Secondly, I'd like a flash to go with this and again have been looking at the Yongnuo range as these seem very good value for money and I'm pretty sure they would be perfectly fine for what I will be doing.

If anyone can help me out with some places to start, I'd be very appreciative.

Many Thanks

Lee

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow