ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skutters
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
New to Fuji XE2&56mm Question
5 months ago

Hi,

I have just bought into the Fuji X system after selling some of my Nikon DSLR gear, i had the Grandkids round the other day and took a few shots of them outside in the pool with the XE2 and 56mm.  The images were not that great especialy the skin tones and were not that sharp, i was using a shallow depth of field 2.8 to try and isolate them so the poor sharpness could well be user error on my part as i am not used to shooting that sort of shot. Also the longer blackout time when taking the shot might be having an effect as i am used to the Nikon DSLR with pretty much no blackout time.

Would the lack of sharpness make the images look poor quality as they had a muddy noisy look about them.  One concern i have is i took a few shots in the garden this morning with the Fuji and my Nikon D300 with the 50mm 1.8D.  The images looked very similar the Nikon giving better saturated reds, but the images looked as sharp as each other which is a bit dissapointing as the Nikon 50 is a £100 lens compaired to the Fuji 56 at around the £800 mark.

One thing i did notice i had both cameras set the same iso200 @ f5 and the Nikon was using faster shutter speeds, why would that be?.

Anyway i am not bashing the Fuji i might just need more experience with it, i was just expecting the Fuji to blow away the Nikon 50mm.

I will do some proper testing just to make sure my copy of the 56 is a good one and if i am still having issues i will post some images for you to look at, but in the meantime if anyone can give me any advice on using the Fuji system that would be great.

Regards Kev.

skutters's gear list:skutters's gear list
Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Nikon D300 +4 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow