ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AndyMcG
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Nikon lens 85mm 1.4G quality issues with Nikon D800
4 months ago

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone can help explain this..I purchased the Nikon 85mm 1.4G after hearing how amazing it is, in terms of optical quality, sharpness and bokeh.

I had the lens mounted to my Nikon D800, and to be blunt was very dissapointed with the images. The sharpness was just not there at all and the edges of the areas in focus had horrible Chromatic Aberration (green artifacts around the edges and highlights) I thought maybe it was the camera, but after trying different (and alot cheaper) lenses, this proved not to be the case.

Can anyone come up with any theories why such a highly regarded lens failed to perform on the Nikon D800? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Would appreciate it!

I've included image examples.

Shot at f1.8 with high shutter speed, no sharpness and horrible chromatic aberration around edges/highlights

Shot at f1.4 with high shutter speed, no sharpness and horrible chromatic aberration around edges/highlights

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow