My first DP3 Photo, I mean first keeper!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,831Gear list
Like?
My first DP3 Photo, I mean first keeper!
11 months ago

I bought a used DP3 with the Sigma flash from ebay to try out. I found the camera very easy to use. After a quick look through the manual and about 30 minutes of practice I felt right at home. I shot in raw plus jpeg and with my 95mbs card it took about 7-10 seconds to finish writing to the card after snapping a few, but that was not unusual to me sense I shoot sports alot and many cameras fill their buffers. What I liked is that I could still change settings and shoot while it was writing.

I do wish it had a grip to hold, but so far I like it. Using the Sigma Pro Photo Software really wasn't the nightmare I expected. My October 2013 15 inch Macbook pro took about 4 seconds to open to full resolution and maybe 5 seconds to process each photo. I actually enjoyed being able to recreate the exact camera JPEG. I wish I could do this with other cameras. I have yet to see Silky pix or Lightroom match a cameras jpeg. I am not saying the camera is better, I just like to have the choice of seeing the image how the camera would have made it without shooting in jpeg.

But for management purposes I do hope Adobe supports these some day.

This is the Vivid JPEG. I did use the Sigma flash on this for fill. I did a few from back aways so I wouldn't startle the horse.

The photo only shows on my computer after a click to open.  I wonder if the file size is too large for DPR?

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow