Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
fmian
Regular MemberPosts: 407Gear list
Like?
Re: Film Photography: How any could masrer film and darkroom work?
In reply to star shooter, 5 months ago

star shooter wrote:

While it's sad to see the demise of film, chemicals and darkroom work,

It's actually surging up as of late. More people buying, shooting, processing and printing from film.

I wonder how many could master film as good as they do now with digital. Not many I reckon.

From the forums and groups I see, there is a lot of crap being shot. Just like digital. So in my eyes the statement that shooting film makes you a better photographer holds little truth.

But let's roll back to a time when you had no idea if the image was good until the film was developed and fix then inspected under the enlarger. Back then those who could take on a job and produce results and when a prof. photog. was in great demand, are all gone.

Yeah, you are making wild assumptions there. I know if my photo will be good or not as soon as I hit the shutter button. I choose all the parameters and control the lighting when I can. I know how much exposure comp I am making and I am seeing the scene through the viewfinder. I know if I shook the camera or not, or if someone blinked during shutter release. If I have a feeling that one of those is an issue, then I take the shot again. I don't need an LCD preview screen. I have intuition and it is almost always correct. It's when you take away manual control and let an auto setting look after parts of your shot that people start to be unsure of things.

fmian's gear list:fmian's gear list
Canon EOS 5D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow