Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AM4L
Senior MemberPosts: 1,324Gear list
Like?
Prefer the DF still over D810
3 months ago

Keeping both, but all said so far, if I had to choose one over the other I'd take the DF.

Better ISO

Smaller easier file processing

Better color rendition

Smaller & Lighter

More forgiving of average glass

Battery Lasts Weeks!

As hobbyiest we sometimes forget whats really important to us and spend more time debating specs. while many have argued here I have gotten out and used the two cameras and made some images I really like with both.

The D810 has its own list of merits that one could easily choose over the DF such as:

More Detail

Better AF

Larger LCD at cost of lag due to files size

Video

Ergonomics for me are a wash, you have bulkier vs smaller lighter.

I cant say either one of them are better built, they are far cries from the sturdy cameras Nikon once built. look at it this way, they both are likely getting hurt when dropped.

When it came time last night to make some engagement pictures, I grabbed the DF and was not sorry when the light began to lower.

Have fun debating these cameras, meanwhile I'll be out using both and enjoying each, but if I had to choose 1 you know which one it would be.

I have writeups on both on the blog below.

-- hide signature --

Find Your Mind Online!
Gallery BLOLG - www.roaringstar.com
Book - www.AM4L.com
Mark

AM4L's gear list:AM4L's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +12 more
Nikon D810 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow