I think it's time for more Wildlife in this forum! (imgs - A6000)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,045Gear list
Like?
I think it's time for more Wildlife in this forum! (imgs - A6000)
4 months ago

Well, I was away on a vacation this past weekend plus 3 days, and have been trying to get caught up both at work and at sorting through my vacation pics, to follow probably by the weekend.  But in the meantime, I noticed the bird and wildlife has been a little sparse in this forum the past few days or week or so...and since I'm partly responsible for having been away, I figured I'd kick off some more bird and wildlife shots around these parts!!

Some of the last batch of birding and wildlife photos I took out in the wetlands before going on vacation, with the usual combo of A6000 with 55-210mm lens and DH1758 teleextender...with weather varying from grey and overcast to bits of healthy mid-day sunshine, typical Florida summer weather that can go from blue sky and sun to thunderstorms and back again, all in the same hour!

A tricolor heron soaring elegantly past, down at boardwalk level

Another tricolor heron heading towards me and over, with a grey thundercloud as a backdrop causing an odd color of purple/blue grey

An anhinga drying his wings off while standing on a stump over the reflective waters and lilypads

Two black-bellied whistling ducks, one with head up, and the other with head in the water

A tiny little least tern in his non-breeding colors, soaring past me

Tricolor heron in the middle of a big, flat patch of water, with only his reflection to accompany him

Great egret swallowing a fish

Another tricolor heron in flight, this time low over the flowering reeds and grasses

A basilisk lizard, taking a load off his feet by lying belly-down on a branch

A great egret doing his impression of a swan...standing in deep water, it looks like he's floating - but his feet are firmly on the ground beneath the water

Comments, questions, critique welcomed as always!

Hope you enjoyed some more birds and wildlife from Florida, in the summer.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow