ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sapirca
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Sony PlayMemories and the RX100 III
4 months ago

Hey there,

A couple of weeks ago I posted a question about which camera should I buy for a project I'm doing the help a disabled person (link).

Eventually, I bought the RX100-III, and I'm not sure it was the right decision.
I installed the PlayMemories app on my android device, and all I'm able to do is control the zoom and take pictures (while the rumors say that for the RX100-II it's also possible to control the flash, the timer and capture video).

Next thing I did, was to download the Remote Camera SDK from Sony's developer site and attempt to control the camera myself. I managed to shoot video and control the timer (2 sec. only), but had no luck with the flash (the camera returns an "Unauthorized" (?!) error).

I posted several questions on StackOverflow (which should be the main support channel for the Remote Camera SDK), but looks like Sony's engineers didn't see it or simply ignored it.

I'm really frustrated, since Sony's Remote Camera API Reference Guide specifically states that all these feature are supported on the RX100-III, but they simply won't work.

Replacing the camera with the RX100-II is not an option, since it was ordered online from the US, and I'm not a US citizen.

Will you share some knowledge with me?
Did you have more success than I did with the PlayMemories and the M3 (iOS users perhaps?)
Do you know any 3rd-party apps which work with it?
Do you have any idea where else can I get technical support?

Many thanks!!!

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow