Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leandros S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,111Gear list
Like?
DP1M for landscapes, panorama
5 months ago

I have a secret longing for an extreme wide-angle compact that would allow me to take fewer exposures when shooting panoramas. Of the available options, the DP1M is closest to what I'm looking for. Not having owned any previous DP camera, I have a few questions.

1. Some reviewers have mentioned lack of edge sharpness, which could be exacerbated by distortion correction. How much of a problem is this, aesthetically, when stitching panoramas? The intention is to have them look good at, or close to, the native resolution of the sensor. My concern is that stitching might produce sudden (or noticeable) transitions from sharp to smudgy.
  2. Is accurate manual focusing possible? I wouldn't mind buying an accessory to accomplish this, like a Swivi or loupe. It would be nice if one existed that fits.
  3. Should I buy a number of BP-41 batteries at this point, assuming that coming generations will not use this model and it will disappear from the market? What would be a good number? I would expect to use the camera for at least three years.
-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement can replace actual expertise.

ANSWER:
Sigma DP1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow