Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
bford
Senior MemberPosts: 1,489
Like?
Re: If everyone printed all the grabs out there,
In reply to chkproductions, 2 months ago

chkproductions wrote:

bford wrote:

People really need to get in the habit of editing their photos down to keepers and trashing the ones that deserve trashing. I feel a bit sick to the stomach when I hear someone say they have tens of thousands of images. It's like a millionaire saying he has a home with 100 rooms. I say, "why?"

I believe is was Ansel Adams that said something to the effect that his expectation was to end up with 10 good photographs in a year's time. Now the word "good" is subjective. But figuring how often he shot, he was editing his own work with a stern eye. And he was talking about photographs taken for their visual appeal and not family snaps. But think of taking what you have shot digitally in a years time and culling through them all and whittling them down to just 10 images. Could you do it?

yes, I could.

I do believe you have to be a ruthless editor on yourself, regardless if storage is cheap so "why not" What you end up with is are the ones that show your vision and not the act of a digital camera.

yep.

However, when I go through mine, saving sometimes is more sentimental (snaps of the family) than it is the presence of the image I've taken.

nothing wrong with saving more than the example you provided. I was talking more about the people that take thousands of photos.

Cheers

chk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow